6.26.2011

walking on clouds

Hello my Lovelies!  I hope everyone had a great couple of weeks while I was gone.  I am back, full of wonderful memories of the wedding, blissfully happy from the honeymoon and a little bit tanner!

I can honestly say that my wedding day was the happiest day of my life.  The setting was beautiful, the weather was perfect (except for a two minute sprinkle for good luck!), the food was amazing and I got to marry the man of my dreams in front of all of our closest friends and family.  I couldn't have asked for anything more!

The entire celebration took place in the backyard of a large estate on the water.  The gardens were in full bloom, the sailboats were all out and the view was simply spectacular.  The ceremony took place down by the water, the cocktail hour on the lawn and the reception in a large white tent. 







The florist did an amazing job with all of the bouquets, centerpieces and overall decor.  Everything came out just as I had imagined, maybe even better!  We had peonies, hydrangeas, freesia, roses... 
all in light pinks, creams and whites.  




The ceremony was breathtaking.  We stood under a simple chuppah made of birch tree branches with a sheer, white fabric blowing in the breeze.  While the rabbi told our story to our guests, I kept taking mental notes of the words he was saying, the sailboats on the water, the smell of the grass and the flowers and thinking "don't forget this, remember it all!"  





Afterward, we sipped passionfruit mojitos, ate the most delicious food and cake and danced the night away with everyone near and dear to us.  It was the most fun I've ever had, I didn't want the night to end!   

(The cake was made with white chocolate ganache with layers of strawberries, custard and chocolate... yum!)

(one of my flower girls)


And now that we're back from the honeymoon, I keep looking back and thinking that I wouldn't have changed a single thing.  It was perfect!

*Ali

1 comment:

Charlotta Ward said...

Welcome back Mrs! :)

I am thrilled to hear about your day and to know you are so happy!
The pictures are divine and it sounds like a fairytale day.

Biggest congratulations and welcome back.

xx Charlotta

Related Posts with Thumbnails